49ers QB Jimmy Garoppolo
Faces a Seattle defense that as a team has as many sacks as Myles Garrett (9). Jimmy G against little pass rush can still make plays with a depleted receiving corps.
Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott
Mike McCarthy’s forte is abandoning the running game. Having a productive Zeke is the best way to keep his job.
Bucs WR Scotty Miller
An injury to Chris Godwin and Antonio Brown not being active creates the perfect scenario to stream Miller vs. the Giants.
Titans TE Jonnu Smith
A previous entry in the renowned “Circle Of Trust,” Smith rebounds against the Bengals after a pair of clunkers.
Broncos Kicker Brandon McManus
Should be busy vs. the Chargers
The Bears rushing offense is embarrassing and the Saints defense is only giving up 3.5 YPC.
Packers LB’s Za’Darius and Preston Smith
The Smith Bros regularly make acquaintances with Kirk Cousins.
Lions QB Matthew Stafford
Has yet to throw for 300 yards in a game this season. A matchup with the Falcons should change that.
Chargers RB Justin Jackson
Will Dazzle us with his play vs. the Jaguars. Jacksonville has allowed the 4th most rushing yards in the NFL.
Bengals WR Tee Higgins
Targeted 9,7,8,8 in the last 4 games. Joe Burrow and Higgins seem to have a connection and will continue to do so vs. the Browns. Cleveland allows the 3rd most points to opposing wide receivers.
Broncos WR Tim Patrick
3 consecutive games with double digit point totals in PPR scoring.
Buccaneers TE Rob Gronkowski
14 targets over the last 2 games and scored a TD last week vs. the Packers. The Bucs offense looks to be picking up momentum with more games played.
Patriots K Nick Folk
49ers red zone defense is still pretty solid, which may give Folk more FG opportunities this week.
Rebound off poor performance vs. the 49ers against Nick Foles and the Bears.
Texans LB Tyrell Adams
20 Total Tackles in the last 2 games without Benardrick McKinney. Packers rushing attack should lead to plenty of tackle opportunities.
Titans QB Ryan Tannehill
The Texans have allowed a 108.8 opponents passer rating in 5 games. 9 TD and 0 INT so far this season. Houston is the only NFL team without an interception.
Patriots RB Damien Harris
Ran for 100 in his season debut vs. the Chiefs in Week 4. I was impressed with the way he ran downhill and believe he does more of the same vs. the Broncos. Is a standard league flex play.
Lions RB D’Andre Swift
Teams self scout during the bye week. Self scouting should have told the Lions that Swift needs to be more involved in the offense.
Steelers WR JuJu Smith-Schuster
Has yet to have a 100-yard game in 5 contests this season. I believe JuJu is due for a market correction vs. the Browns.
Packers TE Robert Tonyan
5 TD in his last 3 contests. Looks to be in Aaron Rodgers Circle Of Trust, which is certainly good enough for mine.
Dolphins K Jason Sanders
Has made 5 FG in each of the last 2 contests. I don’t see the Jets slowing him down.
Daniel Jones and the Giants offense is a mess to start the season. I foresee Washington’s Front 7 creating a lot of havoc.
Colts LB Bobby Okereke
With Darius Leonard sidelined, Okereke should see plenty of tackle opportunities vs. the Bengals.
Panthers QB Teddy Bridgewater
Falcons allow a 118 opponents passer rating and have allowed 13 passing TD thru 4 games. Teddy 2 Gloves is a worthy streamer. I plan to play him ahead of Carson Wentz this week.
Washington RB Antonio Gibson
A preseason circle of trust selection, the workload has increased incrementally each week. Gibson has scored a rushing TD in 3 straight games. Should see a solid workload vs. the Rams.
Panthers WR DJ Moore
Another player due for a market correction. Moore’s production hasn’t matched his draft cost yet in 2020. The Falcons banged up secondary will provide a get right opportunity.
Steelers TE Eric Ebron
The Eagles have given up 5 TD to opposing TE’s this season. Ebron’s target share has increased each week.
Giants K Graham Gano
Should be busy in Jerry World.
Cardinals have 3 or more sacks in 3 games this season. Last time we saw Joe Flacco his feet were in cement.
Broncos LB Josey Jewell
7 or more total tackles in 3 games this season. With Patriots QB’s displaying “Trubiskian Tendancies”, I can see the Patriots running the ball a lot in this game.
My Dynasty IDP team has underperformed at 1-3. Despite being the 5th highest scoring team in the league, I have a 3-game losing streak. My early round picks have busted so far while many of my keepers have underperformed or are out for the season. With the draft cost going up a round each season, it’s imperative to have late keepers. Once a player hits the 4th round he must go back into the player pool. I have multiple options to go in a keeper format. 1. Staying the course, I’ve had a stretch of bad luck and with the talent are due for a market correction. 2. I could mortgage my future to try to buy from the bottom feeder teams to get back into the race. 3. Sell off whatever value I had to rebuild my team for next year. If I strike lightning in a bottle and contend with the rebuild great.
A post on the league message board went up with the words fire sale and that got the ball rolling. I decided to sell off as many non-keeper pieces and or keeper pieces to improve my collective group of keeper players. Tight End and Running Back were the positions I was looking to upgrade. I believe all of these trades help me long term and help my competitors to compete this season. The years of control are listed by each player. The reality is those numbers won’t be fully exercised. Here’s a breakdown of my 5 trades in 24 hours.
- Give away QB Kyler Murray (1 year) of control remaining along with TE Mark Andrews (5 years) and WR DJ Chark (0) for WR DK Metcalf (6 years), QB Deshaun Watson (5 years) and a 20th RD pick. I’m thrilled with the ability to keep Metcalf and Watson long term. He gets to keep Andrews for 5 years and adds another WR1 in Chark to push for this season. This owner is typically among the contenders due to good drafting late and a willingness to go for it.
- Send Jamal Adams (18 years of control) for a 15th RD pick. This is a new owner that was looking to acquire a cheap long term keeper and was willing to spend to do so. In last year’s draft, I didn’t have enough picks in the teens range to gamble on rookies.
- DE Josh Allen (16 years ), LB Khalil Mack (17 years ), and TE Logan Thomas (25 years) for TE Austin Hooper (16 years). Hooper was paid a lot of money by Cleveland. I’m surprised he hasn’t been more involved in the Browns offense. This is a buy-low for me at a thin position in this league. We have to play 2 TE each week. It hurt to give away Josh Allen. I think he’s a stud. You have to give up talent to get talent.
- Trade later in the day with the team from Trade 3. LB Deion Jones (14 years), LB Darius Leonard (20 years), and RB David Montgomery (0) for RB James Conner (10 years). I needed a solid RB keeper and found one in Conner. I own the potential handcuff already in Anthony McFarland. This owner reloaded his defense trading away keeper depth and is looking to make a push for the title. I give him a lot of credit in going for it.
- Raiders RB Josh Jacobs (0) for Raiders TE Darren Waller (20 years ). In making the decision to rebuild, Waller was my number 1 target. I was going to sell off whatever was needed to do so. This owner is the defending champion and has the depth to cover losing Waller. Injuries to his RB’s made this trade an option.
I wasn’t expecting to be able to make this many trades so quickly. It was a lot of fun to do so. The team is reloaded with new talent at positions of weakness. I believe this team is in a much better situation long term. It’s possible the moves can jump start a turnaround. Long term, we’ll see if my selling early was the right choice.
Dolphins QB Ryan Fitzpatrick
The Seahawks defense has allowed the most passing yards in the NFL. I can see the Dolphins playing from behind and Fitzpatrick having to throw a lot.
Rams RB Darrell Henderson Jr.
Looks to be the hot-hand in the Rams backfield at the moment with 14 or more touches in consecutive games in which he’s also found the end zone. A matchup with the Giants makes Henderson a worthy flex play.
Eagles WR Greg Ward and Raiders WR Hunter Renfrow
Injuries to their respective teams have led to short-term opportunities. Both are worthy streamers in PPR.
Browns TE Austin Hooper
Cowboys defense has been generous to opposing Tight Ends 4/47/0 vs. the Rams, 5/72/1 vs. the Falcons, 8/67/1 vs. the Seahawks so far this season. Hooper may be more involved this week. I picked up Hooper in one league to block an opponent from using him against me.
Packers K Mason Crosby
The Falcons are allowed a league worst 36 points-per-game. 8 teams are allowing over 30.0 PPG so far this season.
With the surrounding talent dropping off, Daniel Jones may try to force things and turn the ball over.
Buccaneers Safety Antoine Winfield Jr
6 or more total tackles in each game this season. Also has a sack in consecutive games. The Chargers running game and short passing attack should provide Winfield Jr. with tackle opportunities.